Modern medicine typically treats a health condition in the same manner for nearly every patient. Using the holistic approach, multiple patients with the same symptoms may be treated differently depending on the root cause of their symptom. A naturopathic doctor can use holistic medicine to identify what is causing a health problem, discover why the health problem developed, and supply what is needed to restore balance and optimal health.
Holistic treatment is defined as more of an approach rather than a treatment; it focuses on the person’s whole being – his physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellness that need to be addressed. The holistic treatment is into more of the lifestyle of the person and identifies the imbalances which may cause some negative effects to the person’s health.
It focuses on the root cause of the disease and the goal is to eliminate the disease by encouraging the person to strive for wholeness and healthy living.
The benefits of holistic treatments are:
• Quicker relief for pain
• Improvement of overall general health
• Understanding the need for a well-balanced lifestyle
• Awareness of keeping environment safe and healthy
• Use of more natural resources – natural herbs and medicines
• Application of more natural methods to cure illness such as proper nutrition, exercise, detoxification and other natural non-invasive treatments
Nutrition Response Testing is very useful in determining the main organ system that is causing dysfunction in the body, as well as identifying the ideal treatment needed to restore function. Click to learn more about Nutritional Response Testing.