National Bike to Work Week 2018 is May 14–18. Bike to Work Day is May 18!
Friday, May 18th is the culmination of National Bike Week, and hopefully, after celebrating with a week full of vigorous daily biking, you’ll be riding your bike all the way to work today by week’s end!
From Bikeleague.org – “40% of all trips in the U.S. are less than two miles, making bicycling a feasible and fun way to get to work. With increased interest in healthy, sustainable, and economic transportation options, it’s not surprising that, from 2000 to 2013, the number of bicycle commuters in the U.S. grew by more than 62 percent.”
With statistics like that, it’s difficult to make excuses not to bike as much as possible — especially in a city the size of Portland.
In fact, Portland is celebrating Bike To Work Day with a big city celebration in Oregon Square Park. The event will be held from 7:00 AM – 9:30 AM on Friday, May 18th. Several group bike rides from all quadrants of the city are scheduled to arrive at the party at 8:00 am. Get an early start and don’t miss the festivities! Event details include:
– Blaze the Trail Blazer cat will be there for photos in the photo booth
– Free minor bike repairs by Left Coast Bicycles and Sprocket Fly Mobile Bicycle Repair
– BIKETOWN bikes and free ride coupons
– Door prizes
– Complimentary breakfast featuring breakfast burritos from Green Zebra Grocery
– Free coffee donated by Nossa Familia served from a bicycle!
– Free chair massages courtesy of East West College of Massage